Happy Friday lovelies!
Do you ever have those weeks where you lack the motivation and creativity to finish a task? I had all of the above this past week. Writer’s block, creative block, I don’t know what to make for dinner block. You may have noticed a missing email from me this past Monday. I tell ya it’s the weeks I take on too much that is when this tends to happen. I was overbooked socially, gave out too much of my time, and didn’t recharge or plan ahead. This is the first moment I have had to sit-down and take a second for myself. In case you ever experience those type of weeks I thought I would share some tips I use to get my creative mojo back!
- CHANGE YOUR SCENERY – Sometimes I step into the studio in the morning and the creativity just isn’t coming to me. No matter how hard I try I feel a complete lack of ideas for what to shoot, write, or post. These are the days I grab my camera and laptop and head to a botanical garden and get outside to shoot. Or head to a coffee shop to write and edit. The change of location and breath of fresh air helps to motivate.
- GET MOVING – I love to go for a long walk, a hike, or get a workout in. A good sweat gets the brain working and ideas flowing.
- CHAT WITH A FRIEND – There are times I need to take my mind off all the business pressure I put on myself. Creative projects, Instagram posts, and strategizing can wait. A good chat with a friend is always just a bit of change up I need. Double bonus if you can meet your friend in person for a hike or coffee.
- TAKE A BREAK FROM SOCIAL MEDIA – This one is seriously the game changer for me. I love Pinterest and Instagram – I am visual through and through but I know when I am in a creative rut it is usually due to consuming more than I am creating. Just a few days away helps so much in getting my creative juices flowing.
- READ A GOOD BOOK – When I am in the middle of a great read I always feel so inspired and creative. When I don’t have a good one going I definitely notice I use more screen time as a way to relax. I have been on a biography kick lately but would love a good fiction recommendation if you have one?
- LISTEN TO MOTIVATING PODCASTS – You may not already know but I am a huge fan of podcasts. I have a few in the rotation that get me motivated and pumped up. I tend to stick to entrepreneurship, women in business, and self-motivation topics, but seriously there is something on there for everyone. I love podcasts because I can multi-task while listening to them. If you commute I heard they are great ways to pass the time. Here are a few I currently have on rotation: The Life Coach School Podcast, How I Built This w/ Guy Roz, Hashtag Authentic, and my friend Steph’s show Harder to Kill Radio is still one of my favorites.
What about you? Have any different ways you recharge and get your creativity and motivation back?
Don’t forget to find a moment of calm this weekend and onward as the holiday season is upon us!